Six Cong corporators & one NPP corporator of Imphal Municipal corporation join BJP
Imphal: Six Congress corporators and one National People''s Party (NPP) corporator of the Imphal Municipal Corporation have joined the BJP.
K'taka govt puts on hold decision to some chapters from social science textbooks
The Karnataka government has put on hold a controversial proposal to certain chapters, including on Islam, Christianity, Tipu Sultan and his father Hyder Ali, from social science textbooks to reduce the 2020-21 syllabi for students of classes 1 to 10.
CBI books 4 Navy officers for generating fake bills to defraud Western Naval Command
The CBI has booked four Navy officers and 14 others for allegedly generating fake bills of Rs 6.76 crore for supplying IT hardware to the Western Naval Command, officials said.
COVID-19: Livelihood of Ganesh festival-linked people in peril
With the Maharashtra government calling for low-key Ganpati celebration this year in view of the COVID-19 pandemic, livelihood of people associated with the festivities, which generate a turnover of more than Rs 70 crore every year in Mumbai, has been adversely affected.
Trump says India, China and Russia don't take care of their air
Washington: US Prez Donald Trump has alleged that India, China and Russia do not take care of their air, while America does, noting that he withdrew from the one-sided, energy-destroying Paris climate accord which would have made it a non-competitive nation .
Japan court recognizes atomic bomb 'black rain' victims
A Japanese court on Wednesday for the first time recognized people exposed to radioactive "black rain" that fell after the 1945 US atomic attack on Hiroshima as atomic bomb survivors, ordering the city and the prefecture to provide the same government medical benefits as given to other survivors.
Vietnam imposes more virus restrictions as outbreak spreads
Vietnam imposed more coronavirus restrictions Thursday as an outbreak that started in a popular beach resort destination grew with nine new cases.
India's US envoy discusses trade, investment with Wisconsin governor
India''s US Ambassador Taranjit Singh Sandhu has discussed trade and people-to-people relations with Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers, highlighting the investment opportunities in India for win-win outcomes.
Yes Bank takes possession of Anil Ambani's group HQ in Mumbai for failure to repay dues
Mumbai: Yes Bank has taken over the headquarter of Anil Ambani''s group in surburban Santacruz for failure to repay dues worth Rs 2,892 crore.
Rupee slips 7 paise to 74.87 against US dollar in early trade
The rupee fell 7 paise to 74.87 against the US dollar in opening trade on Thursday after the US Federal Reserve reiterated its dovish stance and held interest rates steady.
Sensex surges over 200 pts in early trade; Nifty tops 11,250
Domestic equity benchmark Sensex jumped over 200 points in opening session on Thursday tracking positive global equities after the US Fed left key interest rate near zero to support the economy reeling under the COVID-19 pandemic.
Primetime Emmy Awards going online for 2020 edition
Los Angeles: The 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards will be held virtually this year due to coronavirus pandemic.
Kanye West's NJ ballot petition falls short, complaint says
Kanye West''s petition to appear on New Jersey''s ballot as a presidential candidate fails to pass legal muster because signatures are incomplete, and in some cases appear written with very similar handwriting, according to a formal complaint filed with the state Wednesday.
Court says Judd can sue Weinstein for sexual harassment
A federal appeals court on Wednesday restored a major part of Ashley Judd''s lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein, finding that the producer had power over the actor which should make her able to sue under a California sexual harassment law.
Anand loses to Ivanchuk, ends disastrous Legends campaign after 8 defeats
Chennai: Indian chess ace Viswanathan Anand's signed off second from bottom after his disappointing campaign at the Legends of Chess online tournament ended with a loss to long-time rival Vasyl Ivanchuk in the ninth and final round.
Boateng recounts pain of racist abuse to Bayern teammates
For weeks Bayern Munich players had been showing solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement at games when Jerome Boateng was approached by teammates for a deeper conversation.
LPGA's Gaby Lopez of Mexico tests positive
Gaby Lopez of Mexico is the first LPGA Tour player to test positive for the coronavirus as the tour returns this week in Ohio for the first time in more than five months.
GK snap shot on 30 July 2020
1. International Tiger Day 2020 – July 29
2. World In Vitro Fertilization Day 2020 – July 25
3. Indian Origin Author Avni Doshi’s ‘Burnt Sugar’ on 2020 Booker Prize
4. National Awards for excellence in Earth System Science: MoES
5. ICRA Limited Appointed N. Sivaraman as MD and Group CEO ; Succeeds Naresh Takkar
6. CSIR’s CSIO along with AMESYS INDIA developed a microorganism decontamination box named ‘Suraksha’
7. M Venkaiah Naidu virtually unveiled, Padi Bhavajaalalu Telugu version of Late S Jaipal Reddy’s Ten Ideologies book
8. Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur tops Niti’s delta ranking of Aspirational districts for Feb-June 2020 in health sector
9. 5th Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of AIIB held virtually; Jin Liqun Reelected President of AIIB
10. A 300-year-old temple, Sree Sree Joy Kali Matar temple reconstructed with Indian support in Natore, Bangladesh
11. ADB Approves 3 Million USD Grant to India to Support COVID-19 Response
12. UKIBC Signs MoU with Government of Gujarat to Strengthen Gujarat’s Industrial Development
13. Kerala announced new Chief Minister’s Entrepreneurship Development Programme to address working capital shortage
14. Assam: Guwahati gets “BANDICOOT” the first manhole cleaning robot in Northeast
15. Bombay Flying Club: India’s 1st DGCA-approved drone training school
16. ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ contest for innovators and startups launched: DRDO
17. Veteran Bollywood Actor Kumkum Passed Away at 86 in Mumbai
LAST MONTHS G.K.