|Five-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM)|
Launched by IIM Indore in 2011, the five-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) is the first of its kind in India. The programme has been accredited by the Association of MBAs, London (4th and 5thYear). It is a unique and creative programme meant for young students with managerial and leadership aspirations. Through the IPM, IIM Indore seeks to attract young students, and mould them as outstanding leaders through a world-class education.
IPM is aimed at students who have passed out of class XII/Higher Secondary or equivalent from schools across India.
To produce contextually relevant, socially-conscious managers and leaders with a foundation of world class education in social sciences followed by management education.
Given the nature of the programme learning goals of IPM are split into those for the first 3 years and the last two years.
Learning goals for the first three years of the programme:
The IPM will enable students to:
1. Demonstrate language skills
2. Demonstrate oral communication skills
3. Demonstrate knowledge of foundational subjects for management studies
4. Demonstrate an awareness of ethical understanding
5. Enhance physical well-being
Learning goals of the last two years
Last two years of the programme are at Post-graduate level and the IPM students are mixed with the PGP programme students and they go through the same set of courses as the PGP programme. Hence the learning goals for these two years are the same as that of the PGP Programme.
These goals are:
6. Enable students to understand relevance of context in business
7. Develop social consciousness
8. Develop critical thinking skills
9. Inculcate integrative thinking ability
10. Promote interpersonal awareness and ability to work in groups
11. Enable students to learn how to apply the basic principles of communication in order to write effective business messages, case analysis and reports.
12. Develop competence in quantitative analysis
13. Prepare business leaders with a sound understanding of ethics.
The Programme consists of 15 terms spread over a period of 5 years, with each year having 3 terms of 3 months. IPM is in two parts. The first three years build a foundation, and the last two years focus on management.
The foundation has three major elements:
- Courses in Mathematics, Statistics and Economics build analytical rigour.
- Courses in Psychology, Sociology and Political Science along with courses in Economics provide an understanding of the core disciplines on which the study of management is based.
- Courses in Humanities, Literature and Fine Arts provide breadth and perspective.
After 3 years of intensive study of foundational disciplines, the IPM students train as managers along with the students of the Institute’s 2-year Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP), undertaking the same course package in management studies in years 4 and 5.
IPM students are required to complete a social internship at the end of year 3, and a business internship between years 4 and 5. This experiential learning inculcates leadership qualities in them and hones their managerial skills further.
Courses Offered in First 3 Years
|In Mathematics, Statistics, Economics||In Psychology,Sociology,Political Science,
Foundation of Management
|1. Game Theory||1.Introduction to Sociology & Psychology.|
|2. Optimization||2.India & World Politics|
|3.Stochastic Modelling||3.Public Administration|
|5.Micro and Macro-economics||5.Business,Government and Society.|
|6.Indian Economy||6.Business History|
|7.Money,Banking and Finance||7.Principles of management|
|5.Communication &Prsentation skill|
|DANCE & MUSIC|
Courses Offered at PGP Level
(Same as PGP Curriculum)
Finance & Accounting
Humanities & Social Sciences
OB & HR
Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques
Rural Immersion Programme
Himalaya Outbound Programme
Industry Visit Workshop
Other Optional Workshops
|Why IPM ?
1)Golden Opportuniy to get admission in one of the best IIMs just after 12th board
2)Competittion to qualify IPM-AT is easier than that of to qualify CAT after Gradution .
3)Unique course curriculam,that is unparralel to other courses like B.A/B.Com/B.Sc/B.Tech.etc..
If you are seeking your future career in management.
4)Brand value of IIM
5)Best Campus placement.