Nepal's ruling communist party meet to decide PM Oli's future deferred again
Kathmandu: Nepal''s ruling communist party''s crucial Standing Committee meeting to decide Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli''s future has been postponed until Wednesday, according to an official announcement.
US Newspaper owner: Sorry for equating mask rule to Holocaust
A Kansas county Republican Party chairman who owns a weekly newspaper apologized Sunday for a cartoon posted on the paper''s Facebook page that equated the Democratic governor''s coronavirus-inspired order for people to wear masks in public with the mass murder of Jews by the Nazis during the Holocaust.
Philippines reports spike in coronavirus cases
The Philippines has reported its biggest spike in coronavirus infections in recent days as the government eases quarantine restrictions to revive the economy, raising the possibility its crowded capital may be placed back under a strict lockdown.
Japan floods leave up to 34 dead, many at nursing homes
Tokyo: Deep floodwaters and the risk of more mudslides that left at least 34 people confirmed or presumed dead hampered search and rescue operations Sunday in southern Japan.
Airstrikes hit Libya base held by Turkey-backed forces
Libyan officials in the capital of Tripoli have said that overnight airstrikes hit a key military base on the city''s outskirts that was recently retaken by Turkey-backed forces.
Sensex rallies over 300 pts in early trade, Nifty tops 10,700
Mumbai: Equity benchmark Sensex rallied over 300 points in early trade tracking massive buying momentum in Asian peers and foreign fund inflows.
Lockdown impact: Sobha's Q1 sales bookings down 37 pc at Rs 488 cr
Realty firm Sobha Ltd''s sales bookings fell 37 per cent during April-June quarter to Rs 487.7 crore due to the nationwide lockdown to control the COVID-19 pandemic. Its sales bookings stood at Rs 777.7 crore in the year-ago period. In the previous quarter, bookings were down 30 per cent from Rs 694.5 crore.
RIL's market valuation crosses Rs 11.5 lakh cr mark
Reliance Industries Limited''s market valuation on Monday crossed Rs 11.5 lakh crore mark on the account of rise in its share price.
SSWL bags new orders worth over USD 1 mn from US
Auto component maker Steel Strips Wheels Ltd on Monday said it has bagged orders worth USD 1 million for over 1.19 lakh wheels for the US caravan trailer market.
Rupee rises 14 paise to 74.52 against US dollar in early trade
The rupee appreciated 14 paise to 74.52 against the US dollar in early trade on Monday tracking weakness in the greenback and gains in the domestic equity market.
Zydus Cadila gets approval from Mexican authority to test COVID-19 drug
Drug firm Zydus Cadila on Monday said it has received approval from Mexico''s regulatory authority Cofepris to test one of its lead research candidate Desidustat in the management of COVID-19.
Test captaincy just too much for me to handle, don't need all that stress: De Kock
Johannesburg: South Africa''s limited over skipper Quinton de Kock didn''t want Test captaincy as "extra pressure" of leading the team in traditional format would have been "too much stress".
Seasoned Broad could miss first Test vs West Indies due to tactical reasons: Reports
Southampton: Senior England pacer Stuart Broad might be dropped from the playing XI for the first Test against West Indies starting Wednesday with Jofra Archer and Mark Wood being tipped to partner James Anderson.
Questions will be raised if T20 World is postponed but IPL happens: Inzamam
Former Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq has said that questions will be raised if Indian Premier League is slotted in the window allotted to ICC T20 World Cup in Australia, which in all likelihood will be cancelled in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
Teenage substitute Juwara helps Bologna beat Inter 2-1
Teenage substitute Musa Juwara helped Bologna come from behind to win 2-1 at Inter Milan in a pulsating Serie A game which saw both teams reduced to 10 players and the Nerazzurri miss a penalty.
Liverpool makes triumphant Anfield return as English champ
London: They walked out to another guard of honor, with a huge rectangular banner high up in the Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand reading: "Liverpool FC Champions Again".
City loses 1-0 at Southampton after moment of magic
Che Adams scored from a spectacular long-range lob for his first goal for Southampton to earn a surprising 1-0 win over Manchester City in the Premier League.
G.K. Snap shot on 6 July 2020
1. President Ram Nath Kovind Inaugurates Dharma Chakra Day 2020 Celebrations On July 4
2. International Day of Cooperatives 2020 – 4th July (First Saturday of July)
3. 31st National Road Safety Week 2020: January 11 – 17
4. French President Macron Appoints Jean Castex as new Prime Minister
5. PM Modi Launches ‘Aatma Nirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge’ for Techies, Start-up Community
6. Union HRD Minister and Sports MoS launched ‘Fit Hai to Hit Hai India’ webinar & ‘Fit India Talks’ Sessions for School Students
7. Odisha Launches ‘Balaram’ scheme to provide Rs 1,040 crore credit to 7 lakh Landless Farmers
8. Edelweiss AMC to Launch Second Tranche of ‘BHARAT Bond ETF’ ; Target to Raise Rs 14000 crore
9. IndiaFirst Life Insurance Associates with BOB Financial to Offer COVID-19 cum Hospital Cash Cover to BOB Credit Cardholders
10. NLC, Coal India to form 50:50 JV to develop solar and thermal power assets
11. KKR to Buy 54% Stake in JB Chemicals for about Rs 3,100 crore
12. India’s Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) Captured the Image of Mars’ moon Phobos
13. China’s Badminton Player and 2 Time Olympic Champion Lin Dan Announces Retirement
14. Carl Reiner, Comedy Icon and ‘Dick Van Dyke Show’ Creator, Dies at 98
LAST MONTHS G.K.