Goa govt revokes nod to Sunburn EDM fest after facing flak
The Goa government has withdrawn the permission granted to the organisers of Sunburn electronic dance music (EDM) festival to hold the event in the state in December this year.
Armed forces must be ready to combat hybrid threats: IAF chief
Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria on Saturday said that today''s battle-space is "highly complex and multi-dimensional" with unpredictable security scenarios, and the armed forces have to be prepared for hybrid threats emanating from multiple fronts.
We're going to win this race for White House: Joe Biden
Washington: Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden has said that it was "clear and convincing" that he is going to win the closely-fought race for the White House against incumbent Republican President Donald Trump.
A look at Myanmar's election and Suu Kyi's expected victory
Myanmar holds national and state elections on Sunday in which Nobel peace laureate Aung San Suu Kyi''s National League for Democracy party will be looking to hold on to power.
Assured of victory, Biden-Harris start focusing on public health and economy
Confident of their victory in the US presidential election, Democratic candidate Joe Biden and his running mate Senator Kamala Harris have begun working on the task ahead by focusing on two critical areas of public health and economy, both battered by the raging COVID-19 pandemic.
Explainer: Why ballot-counting in Nevada is dragging on
The pace of vote-counting in Nevada is being criticised for taking too long and it''s even become fodder for online jokes. But government officials say they are emphasising accuracy over speed in a year when processing an unprecedented flood of mail-in ballots under extended deadlines is taking more time.
Prabhu asks agri min to set up research project for bamboo sector development
New Delhi: Former union minister Suresh Prabhu has asked Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar to set up an All India Coordinated Research Project (AICRP) on bamboo with a view to promote the growth of the sector.
Tata Motors drives in new Altroz trim at Rs 6.6 lakh
New Delhi: Tata Motors on Saturday said it has launched a new variant of its premium hatchback Altroz priced at Rs 6.6 lakh (ex showroom Delhi).
Gulf Oil Q2 net dips 4.59 pc to Rs 59.13 cr
Hinduja group-owned lubes maker Gulf Oil reported a 4.59 per cent decline in net profit at Rs 59.13 crore for the September quarter of this fiscal.
Turkey replaces central bank head as lira sees record lows
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Saturday dismissed the head of the country''s central bank following a period of high inflation and record lows for the lira.
Recovery in domestic air passenger traffic continues in October: Icra
Domestic air travel demand continued on an upward trajectory month-on-month, with the October volume witnessing a 33 per cent growth to 52 lakh passengers over September, Icra said.
Johnny Depp out of 'Fantastic Beast' franchise after UK libel case verdict
Los Angeles: Hollywood star Johnny Depp will no longer play Gellert Grindelwald in Warner Bros'' "Fantastic Beasts" franchise after he lost his libel case against a UK newspaper.
Model Milind Soman booked for 'nude run' on Goa beach
Goa Police have registered a case against Milind Soman for allegedly promoting obscenity, after he recently posted a picture of himself running nude on a beach in the state to mark his birthday, a police official said on Saturday.
Time to remove Kohli from RCB captaincy, feels Gautam Gambhir
New Delhi: Former India opener and two-time IPL champion skipper Gautam Gambhir feels Virat Kohli's non-performance as Royal Challengers Bangalore captain should lead to his removal from the hot seat as it is now a question of accountability.
Nerves, hesitation, good shots landing with fielders: Kohli talks about "strange" IPL phase
A bit of nerves, some hesitation and almost every good stroke going straight to the fielder - Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper Virat Kohli listed multiple reasons for a "strange phase" in the IPL for his side which ended with a loss in the Eliminator.
Marseille wins at Strasbourg 1-0 to move to 4th in Ligue 1
Marseille shrugged off its dire European form by scraping past struggling Strasbourg 1-0 to move to fourth place in the French league on Friday.
We lost track after 10th game: RCB head coach Simon Katich
Royal Challengers Bangalore head coach Simon Katich admitted that their batting unit "ran out of steam" after the 10th game which eventually led to the side''s ouster from the Indian Premier League play-offs.
We have used our skills and brains: Jason Holder
West Indies captain Jason Holder, whose late inclusion galvanised a much-improved Sunrisers Hyderabad, praised his side''s bowlers for "using brains" as much as skills which earned them a place in the second IPL qualifier against Delhi Capitals.
GK Snapshots on 7 November 2020
1. International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict 2020 – November 6
2. Virtual India CEO forum on Climate Change Chaired by Union Minister Prakash Javadekar
3. India Conducts Tri-Service Combat Exercise “Bull Strike” at Teressa Island
4. PM Narendra Modi chaired Virtual Global Investor Roundtable 2020 conference
5. AAI signed MoU with NVVN, subsidiary of NTPC to set up Solar Power Plants in Airports
6. Kottoor Elephant Rehabilitation Centre in Kerala is Set to Become World’s Largest Care & Cure Centre
7. Joint coastal security exercise, “Sagar Kavach” held at Paradip Coast, Odisha
8. NSDC Launched ”Project Future Ready” to Impart Career Skills to 1 lakh students
9. Govt of Bangladesh Signed MoU with BPL & SII to buy 3 crore Doses of AZD1222 – COVID-19 Vaccine
10. 5th Joint Working Group on Coal held virtually between India and Indonesia
11. NPCI Gives Approval to ‘WhatsApp Pay’ to go Live on UPI in India; TPAPs transaction volume in UPI will be capped at 30%
12. SEBI Enhances Foreign Investment Cap of Mutual Funds
13. Priyanca Radhakrishnan becomes New Zealand’s first-ever Indian-origin Minister
14. M M Kutty Appointed as the 1st Chairperson of the Commission for Air Quality Management in NCR and Adjoining Areas
15. Hashim Thaçi, President of Kosovo Stepped Down to Face Charges of War Crime
16. Gyanendro Ningombam Becomes 1st President of Hockey India from the North East region; Replaces Mohd Mushtaque Ahmad
17. Public Investment Fund to buy 2.04% stake in Reliance Retail for Rs 9,555 crore
18. UP’s Chandauli Tops NITI Aayog’s Aspirational Districts of September 2020
LAST MONTHS G.K.