Donald Trump hasn't grown into the job because he can't: Obama
New York: In his most blistering attack on Donald Trump, former prez Barack Obama has accused his successor of treating the presidency like a "reality show" and said the top Republican leader hasn't grown into the job because he can't.
North Korea to unveil new economic plans in January party meeting
North Korea will hold a rare ruling party congress in January where leader Kim Jong Un will announce a new five-year plan to develop the country''s dismal economy ravaged by US-led sanctions and the coronavirus pandemic, state media said Thursday.
Rupee opens 18 paise down; slips below 75/USD mark in early trade
Mumbai: The rupee opened 18 paise lower and slipped below the 75 per US dollar mark in opening trade after the US Fed meeting minutes signalled at the central bank''s concern over COVID-19 and its impact on economy.
Sensex tanks over 300 pts in early trade on global selloff
Mumbai: Domestic equity benchmark Sensex tumbled over 300 points in early trade on Thursday tracking selloff in global markets after US Fed''s gloomy economic outlook spooked investors.
Ruchi Soya shares plunge 5 pc after Q1 earnings
Shares of Ruchi Soya on Thursday plunged 5 per cent after the company reported a 13 per cent decline in its net profit for the first quarter ended June 30.
Think tank to suggest ways to Maha govt for revival of economy
A group of economists and scientists, who recently held a meeting with Maharashtra Chief Minister on how to revive the economy hit by COVID-19, will submit a detailed action plan to the state government listing suggestions for accelerating the state''s growth.
Contempt case: SC rejects submission of Bhushan for hearing on sentence by another bench
New Delhi: The SC rejected the submission of activist-lawyer Prashant Bhushan that the arguments on quantum of sentence in the contempt proceedings in which he has been held guilty be heard by another top court bench.
Jason Sudeikis-starrer 'Ted Lasso' renewed for season 2
Comedy series "Ted Lasso", starring Jason Sudeikis, has secured a second season order at Apple less than a week after the show premiered on the streamer.
Netflix reveals star-studded cast of Guillermo del Toro's 'Pinocchio'
Los Angeles: Tilda Swinton, Christoph Waltz, Finn Wolfhard, and Cate Blanchett are among the stars that have boarded the cast of Guillermo del Toro''s stop-motion musical project "Pinocchio", Netflix has announced.
Olivia Wilde to helm female-centered Marvel movie for Sony
"Booksmart" director Olivia Wilde has been tapped by Sony Pictures to direct a female-led Marvel film for the studio.
Australian cricket will need to make sacrifices to keep game going: Langer
Sydney: Head coach Justin Langer feels Aus cricket will need to make some sacrifices, like missing out on star players in international matches, and a few compromises in the domestic competition to keep the game going amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Red-hot Hetmyer, Paul get Guyana back to winning ways in CPL
Keemo Paul snared the first four-wicket haul of the tournament and Shimron Hetmyer smashed a 44-ball 71 as Guyana Amazon Warriors logged their first win of the Hero Caribbean Premier League, beating St Kitts & Nevis Patriots by three wickets here.
Tiger Woods now hopeful of having a busy golf schedule
Tiger Woods has been careful to manage his schedule to avoid playing too much as he tends to a lower back that has gone through four surgeries.
Bryan twins not in US Open doubles; Clijsters gets wild card
Bob and Mike Bryan were not on the entry list released for men''s doubles at the U.S. Open, possibly signaling the end of the 42-year-old American twins'' record-breaking careers.
GK snap shot on 20 August 2020
1. World Humanitarian Day 2020 – August 19
2. World Photography Day 2020 – August 19
3. St Christopher School in Nagaland won the first ever Pallikkutam National Award for Innovation in Education
4. Ganesh Vilas Lengare Awarded Star 2020 Certificate by World Book of Records, London
5. Luis Rodolfo Abinader sworn in as 54th President of Dominican Republic
6. Ashok Lavasa Resigns as Election Commissioner
7. Mali President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita Resigns after Military Mutiny
8. Reliance Retail Ventures Ltd Acquired 60% stake in Vitalic Health Pvt Ltd & 100% direct ownership of Netmeds
9. Indian Railways Introduces Drone Based Surveillance System for Railway Security
10. Michael Cohen’s Book “Disloyal: The True Story of the Former Personal Attorney to President Donald J. Trump” is Set to Publish
11. Punjab gets First Rank in Health, Welfare Centre Operationalisation: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW)
12. Biodegradable Face Mask “Pavitrapati” & Anti-microbial Body Suit “Aushada Tara” developed : DIAT
13. Vice Prez Venkaiah Naidu Virtually Announced ARIIA 2020 Results; IITMadras Topped among Institutes of National Importance
14. ‘Dhanwantari Rath’ to bring Ayurveda at Doorsteps of Delhi Police Families
15. Ravi Shankar Prasad Launched “Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge- Innovate Solutions for #Aatmanirbhar Bharat” to Support Startups
16. Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Ministry of Rural Development Inked MoU to Take convergence endeavour ahead
17. AIFF signs MoU with IPSO to Conduct Online Scouting Workshops in India
18. ILO-ADB Report: 41 Lakh Youths Lost Their Jobs of India Due to COVID-19
19. ADB Approved USD 1 billion loan for Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System, a 1st of its kind in India
20. RBI Released Framework for Authorisation of Pan-India Umbrella Entity for Retail Payments
21. RBI Released Draft Framework for Self-Regulatory Body for Payment System Operators
LAST MONTHS G.K.