Prez Kovind, PM Modi pay homage to Mahatma Gandhi at Rajghat
New Delhi: President Ram Nath Kovind and Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid floral tributes to Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the nation, on his 151st birth anniversary at Rajghat.
2nd sero survey indicates in infections in Mumbai slums
The presence of COVID-19 antibodies in samples from slums in the city was found to have decreased by 12 per cent in the second sero survey, the Mumbai civic body has said.
Kerala govt imposes Section 144 to curb coronavirus spread
The Kerala government has imposed section 144 of CrPC, prohibiting the assembly of more than five people to control the surge in coronavirus cases in the state. A late night order issued on Thursday by Chief Secretary Vishwas Mehta said gatherings pose an impending danger of a super spread of the infection and the order shall come into force from 9 am on October 3 and will remain in effect till October 31.
Lal Bahadur Shastri steered the nation through critical times: Vice prez Naidu
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu on Friday paid tributes to former prime minister Lal Bahadur Shastri on his birth anniversary, saying he steered the nation through critical times with his exemplary leadership. Shastri, the second prime minister of India, was born in 1904 in Uttar Pradesh.
President Trump and first lady test positive for COVID-19
Washington: US President Donald Trump and first lady Melania have tested positive for the coronavirus, the president tweeted, a development that is likely to bring to standstill his hectic election campaign.
Pompeo, Vatican clash over China after tensions spill out
The US and the Vatican butted heads over China on Thursday as the Holy See chafed at US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo''s public call to take a harsher stance against Chinese restrictions on religious freedom.
AP sources: Biden shatters fundraising records in September
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has again shattered fundraising records, topping his already gargantuan August cash haul during the month of September, according to two people with direct knowledge of the situation.
Facebook, Twitter flounder in QAnon crackdown
Facebook and Twitter promised to stop encouraging the growth of the baseless conspiracy theory QAnon, which fashions President Donald Trump as a secret warrior against a supposed child-trafficking ring run by celebrities and government officials, after it reached an audience of millions on their platforms this year.
Pentagon okays $90 mn sale of spares, support for C-130J Super Hercules aircraft to India
The Pentagon has approved India''s request to buy USD 90 million worth of equipment, spare parts and logistical support for its fleet of C-130J Super Hercules cargo aircraft.
We know sky is the limit in last four overs: Pollard
Abu Dhabi: "We know sky is the limit in the last four overs," said Mumbai Indians all-rounder Kieron Pollard after adding 67 runs in 23 balls with Hardik Pandya in their IPL game against Kings XI Punjab here.
Walsh named head coach of West Indies women's cricket team
Fast bowling great Courtney Walsh has been appointed as the new head coach of the West Indies women''s cricket team. The West Indies cricket legend will lead the preparation and development of the women''s ream at least till the end of 2022, including competing in the next ODI World Cup and T20 World Cup. Walsh has served as an assistant coach with the Bangladesh men''s team, and subsequently worked on a short term contract with the West Indies women''s side, including at the T20 World Cup held in Australia earlier this year.
Arsenal beats Liverpool on penalties; Fulham out League Cup
Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno saved two penalties in a 5-4 shootout win over Liverpool to reach the League Cup quarterfinals, while Aston Villa and Fulham were knocked out by lower-division clubs.
GK Snapshot on 2 October 2020
1. International Day of Older Persons 2020 – October 1
2. International Coffee Day 2020: October 1
3. World Vegetarian Day Observed on October 1, 2020
4. Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2020 – 1st – 31st October
5. NITI Aayog and the Netherlands Signed SoI on Decarbonization and Energy Transition Agenda
6. President Ram Nath Kovind Gives Assent to 3 labour codes along with Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2020
7.Union Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot launches “Ambedkar Social Innovation & Incubation Mission (ASIIM)”
8. MEA brings Indo-Pacific, ASEAN Policies under One Unit
9. India set to build Cancer Hospital, Cricket Stadium in Maldives
10. NABARD to Undertake Sanitation Literacy Campaign to Promote Literacy on”WASH”
11. IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2020 Released, Mukesh Ambani Tops
12. UN General Assembly – 75th session 15-30 September 2020 held virtually for 1st time
13. Surjeet Singh Deswal DG of ITBP was Given Additional Charges as DG of National Security Guard
14. Govt Sets up Panel to Screen all Chinese Foreign Investment Proposals Headed by Ajay Kumar Bhalla
15. ICG Ship Kanaklata Barua Commissioned at Kolkata
16. Vijai Vardhan, IAS Appointed as the New Chief Secretary of Haryana; Succeeds Keshni Anand Arora
LAST MONTHS G.K.