Varavara Rao's family approaches NHRC; seeks updates on his health
Hyderabad: Family members of poet Varavara Rao have moved the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) seeking a direction to a Mumbai hospital and prison authorities to provide "transparent" updates on his health status.
Goa govt to construct new Raj Bhavan building
The Goa government has decided to construct a new Raj Bhavan building in the state and tenders for the works like identification of land and its design could be tendered before April next year, Chief Minister Pramod Sawant has announced.
Trump talks up his rule-cutting, but courts saying otherwise
Washington: President Donald Trump is positioning himself as a champion regulation-cutter in the leadup to the Nov. 3 election, but in between his showy red-tape-cutting events, his deregulatory agenda is taking a beating in the courts.
With no new law to curb drug costs, Trump tries own changes
Unable to land the big deal with Congress to curb drug costs, President Donald Trump has moved on his own to allow imports of cheaper medicines, along with other limited steps that could have some election-year appeal.
Vietnam bans wildlife imports, markets amid new health fears
Vietnam announced that it was banning wildlife imports and would close wildlife markets in response to renewed concerns about the threat from diseases that can jump from animals to humans, such as the virus that causes COVID-19.
Nina Dobrev to headline series adaptation of 'Woman 99'
Los Angeles: Actor Nina Dobrev will be playing the lead role in a series based on Greer Macallister''s bestseller novel "Woman 99".
Melanie Laurent to lead Netflix feature 'O2'
"6 Underground" actor Melanie Laurent is set to star in Netflix''s upcoming survival thriller "O2".
Anand crashes to fourth straight defeat in Legends of Chess tourney
Chennai: Indian GrandViswanathan Anand suffered his fourth straight defeat in the USD 150,000 Legends of Chess online tournament, going down 2-3 to Anish Giri of the Netherlands.
England releases five players from bio-secure bubble
England have released five players from the bio-secure bubble here after they missed out on selection of the ongoing third Test against the West Indies. Out of the five, batsman Joe Denly will join the white-ball training group ahead of the upcoming Ireland series.
Camps set to open after NFL, players' union reach agreement
NFL training camps are set to open after the league and the players'' union reached agreement on several issues, including future salary cap mechanisms and how players can opt out of the upcoming season because of the coronavirus.
Ex-BCCI umpire translates Laws of Cricket into Hindi
Former BCCI umpire Rajiv Risodkar has translated the Laws of Cricket into Hindi, which have been uploaded on the website of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
GK snap shot on 25 July 2020
1. Pi approximation day 2020: July 22
2. Union Home Minister Launches Tree Plantation Campaign-2020 “Vriksharopan Abhiyan” of the Coal Ministry
3. The Navy’s largest Solar plant was inaugurated at the INA, Ezhimala
4. India’s maternal mortality ratio declined to 113 in 2016-18: Registrar General’s Sample Registration System (SRS)
5. APSEZ Becomes the 1st Indian Port and 7th Port Globally to Sign Up for the Science-Based Targets initiative
6. India-EU, looking to develop the bio-tech to treat sewage water to the crops
7. HRD Ministry Conducts First Ever Ind-SAT Test 2020 Under its Study in India Programme
8. ‘COVID-19 Law Lab’ Initiative launched to provide legal information worldwide
9. ADB and GCF join hands towards ‘green recovery’ on the impacts of COVID-19 disease
10. World’s largest 1st Global Fintech Fest held virtually; UPI AutoPay, RuPay commercial card & OCEN protocol launched
11. RBI Releases Report of Committee For Analysis of QR Code headed by Prof. Deepak B Phatak
12. ICICI Lombard in partnership with PhonePe launched Hospital Daily cash benefit
13. Mr. Partha Pratim Sengupta appointed as MD and CEO of IOB
14. Mr. Sahil Seth appointed as honorary advisor for BRICS CCI
15. Nitin Jairam Gadkari Launches Mentoring Platform ‘RestartIndia’ to Support MSME Sector
16. Space startup Digantara selected for SID incubation program by IISc
17. Sri Lankan Cricketer Sripali Weerakkody retires from International Cricket
18. A book titled “The Endgame” authored by Hussain Zaidi
News in detail for CLAT Students
LAST MONTHS G.K.