Pandit Jasraj's mortal remains to arrive in Mumbai
Mortal remains of Indian classical vocalist Pandit Jasraj, who passed away on Monday following a cardiac arrest at his home in New Jersey, would be brought to Mumbai on Wednesday, his family said in a statement.
Pranab Mukherjee's health declines, develops lung infection
The health condition of former President Pranab Mukherjee has declined as he has developed a lung infection, the Army''s Research and Referral Hospital said on Wednesday.
Democrats make it official, nominate Biden to take on Trump
New York: Democrats formally nominated Joe Biden as their 2020 presidential nominee Tuesday night, as party officials and activists from across the nation gave the former VP their overwhelming support during his party's all-virtual national convention.
Mali's prez announces resignation after armed mutiny
Mali''s president announced his resignation late Tuesday, just hours after armed soldiers seized him from his home in a dramatic power grab following months of protests demanding his ouster.
Biden and Harris are spineless, career politicians: Trump campaign
US President Donald Trump''s campaign has called Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and his Indian-origin running mate Kamala Harris the two most spineless, career politicians ever , and that their candidature indicated the formal takeover of the Democratic Party by the radical left.
Indian-origin Senator Kamala Harris to deliver her VP acceptance speech on Wednesday
Indian-origin Senator Kamala Harris will deliver her acceptance speech on Wednesday as the Democratic vice-presidential candidate to become the first-ever American of Indian and African descent to be nominated by a major party for the top post. Harris, 55, is the first Indian-American to be selected for the second-highest elected office of the United States after that of the president. She is also the first-ever Black and first-ever African American to be nominated as a vice-presidential candidate by a major political party.
Sensex jumps over 200 pts in early trade; Nifty tests 11,450
Mumbai: Domestic equity benchmark Sensex jumped over 200 points in early trade on Wednesday tracking positive cues from global markets and persistent foreign fund inflows.
L&T Finance exits CG Power and Industrial Solutions
L&T Finance Ltd has divested its entire equity stake of 9.99 per cent in CG Power and Industrial Solutions through open market transactions.
Rupee rises 7 paise to 74.69 against US dollar in early trade
The rupee appreciated 7 paise to 74.69 against the US dollar in opening trade on Wednesday supported by positive domestic equities and sustained foreign fund inflows.
Dubey encounter: SC dismisses plea against Justice (retd) B S Chauhan led panel
New Delhi: The SC dismissed a plea questioning the setting up of a three-member judicial commission, headed by former apex court judge Justice B S Chauhan, to inquire into the encounter killing of gangster Vikas Dubey.
Britney Spears asks court to curb father's power over her
Los Angeles: Britney Spears has asked a court to keep her father from reasserting the broad control over her life and career that he has had for most of the past 12 years.
Rachel Weisz to star in and exec produce 'Dead Ringers' reboot series
Oscar winner Rachel Weisz is heading to the small screen to lead the series reimagining with a gender swap of "Dead Ringers", the 1988 psychological thriller.
Lilly Singh sets primetime sketch comedy series at NBC
Late night show host and YouTube star Lilly Singh is getting another show on NBC and this time she will be on the primetime slot.
Questions surround Messi's future amid Barcelona chaos
Barcelona: Barcelona is on the verge of announcing a new coach, and it may have a new president next year.
Narine, Rashid shine on opening day of Hero CPL
Tarouba (Trinidad and Tobago), Aug 19 (PTI) Brilliant all-round performances from Sunil Narine and Rashid Khan gave their respective teams a winning start on the opening day of the Hero Caribbean Premier League here. While Trinbago Knight Riders ended Guyana Amazon Warriors'' 11-match winning streak beating them by four wickets in a match reduced to 17 overs, Barbados Tridents edged out St. Kitts & Nevis Patriot by six runs at the Brian Lara Academy here on Tuesday.
GK snap shot on 19 August 2020
1. India ranked 1st in number of organic farmers and 9th in terms of area under organic farming: MoA&FW
2. UAE-Israel agreed for peace agreement namely “Abraham Accord”
3. Manduadih Railway Station in Uttar Pradesh to be renamed as ‘Banaras’: MHA
4. President gives Nod for Renaming of HRD Ministry to Ministry of Education
5. India, UAE hold 13th Session of the India-UAE Joint Commission Meeting on Trade, Economic and Technical Cooperation
6. Akshay Kumar Ranked 6th, the only Indian Actor in the List, Dwayne Johnson tops: Forbes’ list of ‘The Highest-Paid Actors 2020’
7. Satya Pal Malik Appointed as Governor of Meghalaya; Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari given Additional Charge of Goa
8. Rakesh Asthana IPS, appointed as the Director General of the Border Security Force
9. DBS Bank India Ltd Appointed Prashant Joshi as MD and Head of National Distribution
10. Cricketer Rohit Sharma Appointed Oakley’s Brand Ambassador in India
11. England Cricketer Laura Marsh announces retirement
12. Hindustani Classical Vocalist & Padma Awardee Pandit Jasraj Passed Away at 90
13. British Tennis Great Angela Buxton dies at 85
14. Computer scientist Russell Kirsch, who invented pixel, passes away at 91
15. Gujarat Names Two Flyover of Ahmedabad After Late Arun Jaitley & Sushma Swaraj
16. Jharkhand introduced new State Logo at Ranchi
17. Dream11 wins IPL title sponsorship rights
18. Soumya Swaminathan honoured with Tamil Nadu CM’s special award
LAST MONTHS G.K.