Haze chokes Delhi, pollution levels highest since November last year
New Delhi: A layer of haze lingered over the national capital and its suburbs on Thursday morning, with raging farm fires and a fall in the wind speed and temperatures pushing air quality to the worst levels in around a year.
Ram Mandir Trust invites designing ideas from professionals
The Ram Janmbhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust on Wednesday invited architectural designing suggestions from professionals among the general public.
Biden wins more votes than any other presidential candidate in US history: Report
New York: Democratic nominee Joe Biden has won more votes than any other presidential candidate in the US history, shattering a record set by former Prez Barack Obama, according to a media report.
Trump mounts legal battle in several states, Biden inches closer to victory
Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his running mate Senator Kamala Harris of Indian origin inched closer to the magic figure of 270 Electoral College votes, even as incumbent Republican President Donald Trump moved ahead with his plan to mount a massive legal battle.
Biden vows to rejoin Paris Climate Agreement
Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden has pledged that his administration would rejoin the historic Paris Agreement on climate change. Biden, 77, has not won the presidential elections yet, but is inching closer to be declared the winner by garnering 253 electoral votes out of the required 270. His Republican rival and incumbent US President Donald Trump has got 213 electoral votes, according to latest projections released by the US media.
World waits nervously, impatiently for US election result
From Ford Model T cars that popped off the assembly line in just 90 minutes to 60-second service for burgers, the United States has long had a major hand in making the world a frenetic and impatient place, primed and hungry for instant gratification.
Sensex rallies over 500 pts in early trade; Nifty tops 12,000 level
Mumbai: Equity benchmark Sensex rallied over 500 points in early trade on Thursday, tracking gains in index-heavyweights Reliance Industries, Infosys and SBI, amid positive cues from global markets.
Court rejects police's plea for Arnab's custody, sends him in judicial remand
Mumbai: A court at Alibaug in Maharashtra's Raigad district remanded Republic TV Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami and two other accused in judicial custody till November 18 in a 2018 abetment to suicide case.
Man gets 20-yr jail for raping girl
A court in Uttar Pradesh''s Bulandshahr district sentenced a man to 20 years in jail on Wednesday for raping a 5-year-old girl.
We did not play well towards end in both innings: Harmanpreet
Sharjah: Supernovas skipper Harmanpreet Kaur blamed ordinary performance by both batters and bowlers in the death overs for her team's 5-wicket loss to Velocity in the opening match of the Women's T20 Challenge here.
Chelsea says midfielder Kai Havertz in isolation
Chelsea manager Frank Lampard says midfielder Kai Havertz has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Leipzig rallies to win 2-1, PSG ends with 9 players
Leipzig came from behind to defeat Paris Saint-Germain 2-1 in the Champions League, when the visitors finished with nine players.
Working on my bowling weakness, fitness during break really helped: Ekta
Left-arm spinner Ekta Bisht said working on her bowling skills and fitness during the coronavirus-induced break helped her to execute the plans as she returned with a three-wicket haul to guide Velocity to a five-wicket win over Supernovas here.
Messi scores in 150th European game, Bar a beats Dynamo 2-1
Barcelona: Lionel Messi scored in his 150th European competition appearance as Barcelona beat Dynamo Kyiv 2-1 in the Champions League.
GK Snapshots on 5 November 2020
1. Union Minister Harsh Vardhan releases NCAER Report on Estimation of Economic benefits of Investment in NMM, HPC
2. Indian Railways ties up with Indian School of Business to improve Operational Efficiency
3. TRIFED Signed MoU with JD Centre of Arts to Preserve Tribal Craft Traditions Through Collaboration
4. Piyush Goyal Co-Chaired 8th Meeting of the India-UAE High Level Joint Task Force on Investments; Hosted by India
5. India & GCC Troika Held the Annual Political Dialogue in Virtual Mode
6. India provides NPR 1 Billion Tranche for Post-Earthquake Reconstruction Assistance in Nepal
7. 1st Committee of UNGA adopts Two India-sponsored Nuclear Disarmament Resolutions
8. ADB Approves USD 132.8 Million Loan to Modernize Power Distribution Network in Meghalaya
9. USAID Provides 3Million USD to COVIDActionCollab to Reduce the Effects of COVID-19 in India
10. Dilip Rath, Chairman of NDDB Elected to the Board of International Dairy Federation
11. John Magufuli Won 2nd Term as President of Tanzania
12. Indian Coast Guard ship ‘C-452’, designed and built by L&T, commissioned at Ratnagiri
13. Archaeologists Found Evidence of Dairy Production in Indus Valley Civilisation
14. West Indian Cricketer Marlon Samuels announces retirement from all forms of Cricket
15. Book Titled “The Age of Pandemic (1817-1920): How they Shaped India And the World” Authored by Chinmay Tumbe
LAST MONTHS G.K.