136 congressmen, 30 senators seek reversal of Trump admin's decision on international students
Washington: A group of 136 US Democratic congressmen and 30 senators has urged the Trump administration to reverse its "cruel" order that bars international students from staying in the country if they do not have in-person classes to attend.
Texas hits record with 105 new COVID-19 deaths in single-day
By Seema Hakhu Kachru Houston, Jul 10 (PTI) Texas has reported more than 100 new coronavirus deaths in a single day for the first time making this the deadliest week so far of the COVID-19 pandemic while newly confirmed cases continue to rise in the state, the health officials said.
Japan braces for more heavy rain as death toll rises to 66
Parts of Japan still searching for missing people and evacuating those stranded by deadly floods and mudslides were bracing for more pounding rains through the weekend.
State-sponsored terrorism very challenging issue, could undermine world's stability: Top UN official
By Yoshita Singh United Nations, Jul 10 (PTI) State-sponsored terrorism is a very challenging issue as it could undermine the stability in many parts of the world, the head of the UN Office of Counter-Terrorism has said.
Sensex down over 173 pts in early trade; financial stocks drag
Mumbai: Equity benchmark Sensex dropped over 173 points in early trade, dragged by losses in financial stocks amid negative cues from global markets.
Rupee weakens by 17 paise against US dollar in opening trade
The Indian rupee dropped 17 paise to trade at 75.16 against the American currency in opening deals on Friday on emergence of demand for US dollar from importers and banks.
Stocks fade in mixed trading amid worries on virus, economy
Most stocks are slumping on Wall Street Thursday amid worries that recent improvements in the economy may be set to stall as coronavirus cases continue to climb.
BBC to produce feature-length documentary Britain vs Coronavirus'
London: BBC is set to produce feature length, state-of-the-nation documentary, telling the definitive story of the coronavirus pandemic in Britain .
Lucy Liu to star in ABC's workplace comedy pilot
Kill Bill star Lucy Liu is set to play the lead in a multi-camera comedy from Friends alum Shana Goldberg-Meehan, CBS Television Studios and 20th Century Fox TV.
'Ramy' renewed for third season on Hulu
Streaming platform Hulu has renewed critically-acclaimed comedy Ramy for a third season. Created by Egyptian-American actor-comedian Ramy Youssef, the series is loosely based on his life and explores what it''s like to be caught between a religious community that believes life is a moral test and a millennial generation that doubts an afterlife even exists.
HBO Max renews Legendary' for season two
Reality competition series Legendary has been renewed by streaming platform HBO Max for a second season. The renewal was announced on the same day that HBO Max dropped the final two episodes of show''s first season, reported Variety.
Holder says support towards BLM 'meant world to him', thanks Holding for powerful speech
Southampton: West Indies captain Jason Holder says both his team and England putting up a united front to show support for the ''Black Lives Matter'' campaign before the start of the first Test meant the "world to him".
Sevilla rallies to move closer to Champions League spot
Sevilla rallied in the second half to beat Athletic Bilbao 2-1 in the Spanish league, moving closer to a Champions League berth.
England bowlers using 'back sweat' to shine the ball
Not allowed to use saliva on the ball, England bowlers have resorted to applying back sweat to shine the ball in the ongoing first Test against the West Indies here.
Holding breaks down while talking about racism his parents faced
West Indies fast bowling great Michael Holding struggled to hold back tears on a live broadcast while talking about the racism his parents faced, a day after his powerful speech on the sensitive subject.
United beats Villa 3-0 after contentious Fernandes penalty
Bruno Fernandes converted a contentiously awarded penalty to set Manchester United on its way to a 3-0 win over Aston Villa that featured a first goal of the season by Paul Pogba and another impressive strike by teenager Mason Greenwood.
G.K. snap shot on
1. India Ranked 8th for Cancer Preparedness among 10 Asia-Pacific Countries; Australia Tops: EIU Report
2. New Admin and Academic block of Shree Mahadev Masta Chaturdev Campus Funded by India inaugurated virtually in Nepal
3. Tamil Nadu Tops Market Borrowings Among States in India With a Collection of ₹30,500 crore for 2020-21 : RBI
4. Global economy to contract by 5.2 pc in 2020: Report
5. IRDAI Constitutes 9-member Working Group Headed by Suresh Mathur to Look into the Possibility of Forming ‘Pandemic Risk Pool’
6. IIT Alumni Council Signs MoU with CSIR-IGIB for Joint Research on COVID-19 & Patient Data Analysis
7. IIT-H collaborates with NVIDIA to establish India’s 1st NVIDIA AI Technology Centre
8. PM Modi addresses inaugural session of 3-day virtual India Global week 2020 organized in UK
9. Rajnath Singh e-Inaugurated Rs 43 cr Six Strategic Bridges in J&K; Built by Border Road Organisation
10. CBDT signed an MoU with SEBI for the Data Exchange
11. Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik Launches BLUIS, First of its Kind in India to Use Space Technology & Artificial Intelligence to Monitor Government Lands
12. CCI approves Proposed Combination Involving Eros Plc, STX and Marco
13. Raneem El Welily, Top Ranked Women Squash Player, Announced Retirement
14. Ivory Coast PM, Presidential Candidate Amadou Gon Coulibaly Passed Away
15. Rajasthan Launches “Pure for Sure” Week Long Campaign to Ensure Purity of Dairy Products – July 8 – 14
LAST MONTHS G.K.