News Headlines on 25 january 2021
- 10 confirmed dead, one miner still missing in China’s Shandong Gold mine
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla to inaugurate Bharat Parv 2021 tomorrow
- PM Modi interacts with Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar Awardees
- President approves conferment of Jeevan Raksha Padak Series of Awards-2020
- 30 distinguished and meritorious service medals awarded to Officers and Officials of CBI on the occasion of Republic Day, 2021
- President Ram Nath Kovind virtually graces the 11th National Voters’ Day celebrations
- Indian Navy conducts joint exercise with Army and Air Force
- India steadily sustains its trajectory of very low Active Cases
- SpaceX creates new world record; launches 143 satellites on single rocket
- National Voters’ Day being observed across the country
- Himachal Pradesh celebrates its golden jubilee statehood day
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib was inspired by Netaji Subhas Bose: Information Minister Dr. Hasan Mahmud
- Dhaka International Film Festival concludes
- 51st IFFI concludes with grand closing ceremony
- PM Modi urges youth to be 'Vocal For Local’
- President Ram Nath Kovind to Address the Nation tomorrow on the eve of 72nd Republic Day
- Danish World War II drama Into the Darkness bags Golden Peacock Award at 51st IFFI
- China's dam-building over Brahmaputra risks water war with India
- Greek MPs urge strong security alliance with India to balance Turkey-Pakistan
- Urge India to "refrain from actions that might complicate the situation along the border"
- "China's intrusion in Ladakh is rooted in Beijing's Middle Kingdom mentality"
- Terror groups in Pakistan switch to new messaging applications
- Analysts project big gains for RIL stockAnalysts project big gains for RIL stock
- Net profit rose to Rs 14,894 crore for the three months ended December from Rs 11,841 crore in the same period a year ago.
- Indian mathematician Nikhil Srivastava, along with 2 others, wins top US prize for cracking longstanding Ramanujan graphsIndian mathematician Nikhil Srivastava, along with 2 others, wins top US prize for cracking longstanding Ramanujan graphs
- India’s economy shows signs of recovery as virus cases declineIndia’s economy shows signs of recovery as virus cases decline
National Voters Day occasion to appreciate EC's remarkable contribution: PM
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Monday that the National Voters Day was an occasion to appreciate the remarkable contribution of the Election Commission to strengthen the country''s democratic fabric and ensure smooth conduct of elections.
India, China hold marathon military talks on disengagement of troops in eastern Ladakh
The ninth round of military talks between India and China lasted for nearly 16 hours as the two sides held detailed deliberations on disengagement of troops from all friction points in eastern Ladakh, sources said on Monday.
All anganwadi workers in Odisha to get mobile phones
The Odisha government has decided to provide mobile phones to all the anganwadi workers for timely dissemination of information.
Thousands take to streets protesting Brazil's Bolsonaro
Rio de Janeiro: Thousands of Brazilians took the streets for a second day to call for the impeachment of President Jair Bolsonaro, who is under fire for his government''s handling of COVID-19, which has raged through the country and claimed more than 216,000 lives.
Center-right incumbent wins Portugal's presidential election
Portugal''s president was returned to office for a second term Sunday, in an election held amid a devastating COVID-19 surge that has made the European country the worst in the world for cases and deaths.
AP source: Biden to Trump's military transgender ban
President Joe Biden is set to issue an executive order to reverse a Pentagon policy that largely bars transgender individuals from joining the military, dumping a ban ordered by President Donald Trump in a tweet during his first year in office, a person briefed on the decision tells The Associated Press.
Biden, Macron vow to strengthen US-France ties in first phone call
US President Joe Biden and his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron sought to mend and bolster their strained bilateral ties as the two leaders spoke over the phone, pledging to work together on shared foreign policy priorities, including China, and fighting the COVID-19 pandemic and climate change.
Samsung scion Lee won't appeal prison sentence for bribery
Seoul (South Korea), Jan 25 / Samsung scion Lee Jae-yong will not appeal a court ruling that sentenced him to two and a half years in prison for bribing South Korea''s then-president for business favours.
Man United compounds Liverpool's woes with victory in FA Cup
Manchester: A scream from Andy Robertson was a forlorn attempt to distract Mason Greenwood beginning Manchester United''s comeback.
David scores as Lille wins 1-0 to stay level with leader PSG
Jonathan David''s early goal was enough to help second-place Lille secure a 1-0 win at Rennes and stay level on points with league leader Paris Saint-Germain.
4 soccer players killed in Brazil plane crash had COVID-19
Rio de Janeiro, Jan 25 / Four soccer players from Brazilian club Palmas died in a plane crash while traveling separately from the team after testing positive for the coronavirus, the club said.
McKennie helps Juventus beat Bologna 2-0 to close gap
Weston McKennie scored to help Juventus beat Bologna 2-0 in Serie A and bounce back from its demoralizing loss to title rival Inter Milan.
LAST MONTHS G.K.