White House turns on Fauci as Trump minimizes virus spike
Washington: With US virus cases spiking and the death toll mounting, the White House is working to undercut its most trusted coronavirus expert, playing down the danger as President Trump pushes to get the economy moving before he faces voters in November.
Japan says coronavirus adds to security threat by China
China is pushing harder to make territorial claims in the regional seas and even using the coronavirus pandemic to expand its influence and take strategic superiority, posing a greater threat to Japan and the region, Japan''s government said.
China's trade rises as economy recovers from virus slump
China''s imports of US goods rose 10.6 per cent in June over a year ago and its global trade also increased in a fresh sign the world''s second-largest economy is gradually recovering from the coronavirus pandemic.
17 US states, DC file lawsuit against Trump admin's new visa policy for global students
By Lalit K Jha (Eds: Updating with more inputs) Washington, Jul 14 (PTI) As many as 17 US states and the District of Columbia have filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration''s new visa policy for international students, calling it a "cruel, abrupt, and unlawful action to expel them amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sensex drops over 300 pts in early trade; financial stocks drag
Mumbai: Equity benchmark Sensex dropped over 300 points in early trade, dragged by losses in financial stocks amid selloff in global markets.
Small businesses around the world struggle to survive
Hour after hour in the dark, Chander Shekhar''s mind raced ahead to morning.
US budget deficit hits all-time high of $864 billion in June
The federal government incurred the biggest monthly budget deficit in history in June as spending on programs to combat the coronavirus recession exploded while millions of job losses cut into tax revenues.
Cipla gets USFDA nod for rare genetic condition treatment drug
Drug major Cipla on Tuesday said it has received final approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for Icatibant Injectable, indicated for treatment of acute attacks of hereditary angioedema - a rare genetic condition - in adults.
Rupee slips 16 paise to 75.35 against US dollar in early trade
The rupee depreciated 16 paise to 75.35 against the US dollar in opening trade on Tuesday tracking weak domestic equities and strengthening American currency.
'Glee' star Naya Rivera found dead at California lake
Los Angeles: The body of "Glee" star Naya Rivera was found on Monday at a Southern California lake, authorities said.
Hanna' renewed for season 3 at Amazon
Amazon Studios has ordered a third season of its thrilling action series Hanna , with British actor Esme Creed-Miles reprising her role of the titular teenage assassin and David Farr returning as writer and executive producer. The announcement was made 10 days after the second season of the series premiered on Amazon Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories.
Stokes took cigarette break to calm nerves ahead of WC Super Over: New Book
Christchurch: Star all-rounder Ben Stokes had sneaked off for a "cigarette break" in order to calm his nerves ahead of the Super Over during last year''s epic World Cup final, an anecdote which finds mention in a new book on England''s triumph.
Indians, other teams pressured after Redskins nickname
The spotlight for change is shining on the Cleveland Indians.
Inter beats Torino 3-1, moves into 2nd place in Serie A
Two quick second-half goals lifted Inter Milan to a confidence-boosting 3-1 comeback win over Torino in Serie A.
Finch Gesture: How Australian skipper helped a student in "remote learning"
In a heart-warming gesture, Australian white-ball captain Aaron Finch has reached out to a second standard student Alex Altube assigning him a cricket project through his school teacher.
United concedes late goal to draw, still outside EPL top 4
Manchester United conceded a goal in the sixth minute of stoppage time to draw with Southampton 2-2 in the English Premier League, missing a chance to climb back into the top four for the first time since September.
Madrid on brink of Spanish title after win at Granada
After its ninth straight win following the pandemic break, Real Madrid is on the verge of reclaiming the Spanish league title.
G.K. Snap Shot on 14 July 2020
1. Malala Day 2020 – July 12
2. IAA named ISRO Chief K Sivan As the Recipient of 2020 Von Karman Award
3. NTPC Wins CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2019
4. Chhattisgarh’s Chief Minister Darpan Portal and Mobile App Receives Elites Excellence Awards 2020 by IT Institutions
5. Sachin Awasthi is honoured as the Top Publicist in Global Humanitarian Award 2020 – London
6. Lewis Hamilton Won the Styrian Grand Prix in Spielberg
7. Poland’s Incumbent Andrzej Duda Wins Presidential Election
8. Google Launches $10 Billion Digitization Fund in India
9. Qualcomm Ventures buys 0.15% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 730 crore
10. MP Govt to Launch ‘Roko -Toko’, a Campaign for those who do not Wear Masks
11. NATGRID signed MOU with NCRB to access database that links around 14,000 police stations
12. Smart City Mission opens the registration for India Cycles4Change Challenge
13. NITI Aayog presented India’s 2nd Voluntary National Review at UN’s High-Level Political Forum; held virtually
14. Visa Partners with Federal Bank to Deploy Visa Secure to the Bank’s Cardholders
15. India’s annual median GDP growth in FY21 to contract 4.5%; Possibility of V shaped recovery: FICCI survey
16. US remain India’s top trading partner in 2019-20 with Rs 8,875 cr bilateral trade
17. NITI Aayog’s AIM launched ATL App Development Module for school students & teachers nationwide; #TinkerfromHome
LAST MONTHS G.K.