ULPIN: Unique 14-digit ID for all Land Records by March 2022
Parliamentary Standing Committee on Rural Development announced, The Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN), 14-digit unique identification number to every plot of land in India. Currently, the ULPIN scheme has been launched in 10 States and will be extended all over the country by March 2022. i.All land will be identified based on longitude & latitude coordinates, solving issues related to outdated & disputed lands. ii.ULPIN is a part of India’s Digital India Land Records Modernisation Programme (DILRMP).
6-Digit HSN code mandatory in Invoices for Businesses with over INR 5 Crore Turnover: Finance Ministry
Starting from April 1, 2021, the Finance Ministry has made it mandatory for Businesses with turnover of more than INR 5 Crore to furnish 6-Digit HSN/SAC (Harmonised System of Nomenclature Code/Service Accounting Code) on invoices issued for supplies of taxable goods and services.
• Both HSN & SAC codes are used to classify goods & services under the GST regime.
i.Businesses with Turnover of up to INR 5 Crore in the Financial Year 2020-21 would be required to furnish 4-digit HSN code on B2B invoices.
ii.In India, HSN is already in use
• Dealers with turnover of less than INR 1.5 Crore do not need to adopt HSN codes for their commodities.
• Businesses with turnover between INR 1.5 Crore & 5 Crore use 2-digit HSN codes for their commodities.
Harmonised System of Nomenclature Code
• Introduced by the World Customs Organization (WCO) in 1988.
• It was initiated for systematic classification of goods at both national & international levels.
• Universally, 6-digit HSN codes are common.
Usage of HSN in India
• India has been using HSN codes since 1986 to classify commodities for Customs & Central Excise. Recently, it has been used for GST filing also.
Fourth batch of 3 Rafale Jets reached India
Indian Air Force (IAF) received the fourth batch of 3 Rafale fighter jets from France, raising the total fleet count to 14. Previously, India ordered 36 fighter jets from French aerospace major Dassault Aviation for a cost of Rs. 59,000 crores. The 1st batch of 5 Rafale jets reached India in July 2020.
• Notably, this is India’s 1st major acquisition of fighter planes in the last 23 years, only after Russia’s Sukhoi jets.
• The 1st Rafale squadron is under operation in the Ambala air force station.
Rajinikanth to be Honoured with 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2019
On 1st April 2021, Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting announced that Rajinikanth (70 years old) will be honoured with the 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the year 2019 as a recognition of his contribution to the film industry as an Actor, Producer and screenwriter.
• Rajinikanth will be the 12th South Indian to receive the Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
• The award will be presented to him on 3rd May 2021 along with other National Film Awards.
• The award comprises a Swarna Kamal (Golden Lotus) medallion, a shawl, and a cash prize of Rs. 10 lakhs.
Jury of 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award:
Asha Bhosle(Singer), Subhash Ghai (Director & Producer), Mohanlal(Malayalam Actor), Shankar Mahadevan(Singer & Composer) and Biswajeet Chatterjee(Actor & Producer).
About Dadasaheb Phalke Award:
i.Dadasaheb Phalke Award, the highest honour for the artists of the Indian Film Industry & was instituted in 1969.
ii.The award is annually presented at the National Film Awards Ceremony by the Directorate of Film Festivals, under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
i.The Dadasaheb Phalke Award for 2018 was presented to Amitabh Bachchan in 2019.
ii.The inaugural Dadasaheb Phalke Award was presented to actor Devika Rani at the 17th National Film Awards held in 1970.
American Author Carmen Maria Machado wins 2021 Rathbones Folio Literary Prize
American Author Carmen Maria Machado won the Rathbones Folio Literary Prize for the year 2021 for memoir ‘In the Dream House’ (released in 2019). It is the only Literary prize which is open to all genres – Fiction, non-fiction, and poetry for writers around the world.
• Rathbones Folio Prize is a literary award that was backed by London-based publisher ‘The Folio Society’ in the initial two years (2014-15).
Indian Cricketer Virat Kohli Became Brand Ambassador Of Digit Insurance
Captain of the Indian Men’s cricket team, Virat Kohli became the brand ambassador of Digit Insurance, a general insurance company, which became the first unicorn of 2021 with a valuation of 1.9 Billion USD (around Rs. 13918 crores).
• As the brand ambassador of Digit Insurance, Virat Kohli will spread awareness about the Digit insurance mission towards making insurance simple.
• He will also create awareness about the importance of Insurance across India.
About Digit Insurance:
Chairman– Kamesh Goyal
CEO & Principal officer- Vijay Kumar
Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka3
Slovak President Appoints Eduard Heger as Prime Minister
Former Slovak Finance Minister Eduard Heger,44 will be appointed as Prime Minister of Slovakia by its president Zuzana Caputova.He succeeds, Former Prime Minister Igor Matovic who now became Finance Minister of Slovakia.
• Eduard Heger was a manager and parliamentary deputy from Matovic’s OLANO party from 2016 to 2020.
Former RBI Governor Urjit Patel appointed Additional Director of Britannia
Urjit Patel, former Reserve Bank Governor has been appointed as the Britannia Industry’s Additional Director in the category of Non-Executive and Independent Director with effect from 31st March 2021 for a term of 5 years i.e up to 30th March 2026.
• Urjit Patel was the Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) during September 2016-December 2018 and was succeeded by Shaktikanta Das.
• He was also appointed as the RBI Deputy Governor from 2013 to 2016.
World Autism Awareness Day 2021 – April 2
United Nations(UN)’s World Autism Awareness Day is annually observed across the globe on 2nd April to highlight the needs to improve the quality of the life of the people living with autism.
Note : There was no official theme referred in UN sites on World Autism Awareness Day. Autism Speaks, an organisation highlight and promote autism awareness, in recognition of people with autism and those who love and support them with campaign #LightItUpBlue by wearing blue on April 2 2021.
International Children’s Book Day 2021 – April 2
International Children’s Book Day(ICBD) is annually observed across the globe on or around 2nd April, the birth anniversary of Danish Author Hans Christian Andersen, famous for his fairy tales for children.
• The day aims to celebrate and to inspire the love of reading and to focus attention on children’s books.
• The first ICBD was celebrated in 1967.
• Theme of ICBD 2021 is “The Music of words”.
LAST MONTHS G.K.