It's time to push back against challenge posed by China: Pompeo
Washington: The time has come for the world to push back against the challenge posed by the Chinese Communist Party, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has said as he contended that the US "slept on this threat for too long."
Strong quake strikes near Papua New Guinea, tsunami possible
A strong earthquake has struck near coastal Papua New Guinea.
China acting in contradiction to its agreements with India: US congressmen
China has been acting in contradiction to its agreements with India to change the status quo and challenge Indian troops at the border, an influential bipartisan Congressional Caucus has said and hoped that Beijing will scale back on their excessive weaponry and infrastructure at the Line of Actual Control. The Congressional Caucus on India and Indian Americans on Thursday also expressed their condolences for the lives lost in the Galwan Valley.
Want to do everything possible to keep peace for people of India, China: Trump
US President Donald Trump has said that he wants to do everything possible to keep peace for the people of India and China, according to his spokesperson.
Anniversary of world's 1st atomic test fuels nuclear debate
Albuquerque (US), Jul 17 (AP) Transported in the backseat of a blacked-out Plymouth sedan was the culmination of years of feverish work a hefty plutonium core that would soon be used to trigger the world''s first atomic explosion.
Zydus Cadila gets nod from Mexican authority for clinical trials of COVID-19 therapy
Drug firm Zydus Cadila on Friday said it has received approval from Mexico''s regulatory authority Cofepris to conduct clinical trials in the Latin American country with its biological therapy "Pegylated Interferon alpha-2b" for treatment of COVID-19.
Sensex jumps over 200 pts in early trade; Nifty tops 10,800
Mumbai: Equity benchmark Sensex jumped over 200 points in early trade tracking gains in index-heavyweights HDFC twins, HUL, Reliance Industries and ICICI Bank.
Rupee rises 5 paise to 75.13 against US dollar in early trade
The rupee appreciated 5 paise to 75.13 against the US dollar in opening trade on Friday tracking positive domestic equities and weakening of the American currency.
Ex-VW manager to finish US prison sentence in Germany
A former Volkswagen senior manager who was sentenced to prison in the US for his role in the company''s emissions scandal can be transferred to his native Germany to serve out the rest of his term, a judge said Thursday.
Messi blasts 'weak' team after Barcelona loses league title
Barcelona: After seeing Barcelona''s Spanish league title defense come to a disappointing and meek end, Lionel Messi didn''t hold back.
Leicester, Man Utd win to guarantee final-day shootout in PL
The race to secure the final two Champions League qualification spots from the Premier League is going to the last day of the season.
Both Ohio events on LPGA schedule to be played without fans
The LPGA Tour will not have spectators for the opening two events in Ohio when it resumes in two weeks.
Finau leads Memorial at 65 as Woods has quiet return to golf
Tiger Woods was back on the PGA Tour for the first time in five months and saw Muirfield Village like never before.
GK snap sot on 17 July 2020
1. India & Bhutan Opens New Trade Route to Improve Trade and Connectivity
2. UNICEF India Partners with SAP India to Provide Career Counselling to Young People
3. Atal Innovation Mission Teams with Ministries to Support Startups with COVID-19 Solutions
4. Govt to Increase Public Health Expenditure to 2.5% of GDP by 2025
5. Defence Minister of State Shri Shripad Naik inaugurated 5th edition of conference on Aerospace and Defence Manufacturing Technologies
6.Defence Ministry Entrust Power to Armed Force to Make Emergency Purchase Worth Rs.300 crores
7. 15th India-EU (Virtual) Summit held virtually; co-chaired by Narendra Modi, Charles Michel & Ursula von der Leyen
8. NABARD Launched Development Projects worth Rs 44 lakhs in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
9. The Committee to Protect Journalists Announced 2020 International Press Freedom Awardees
10. Tunisian Prime Minister Elyes Fakhfakh Resigns
11. South American country Suriname elects Indian-origin ‘Chan’ Santokhi as President
12. Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) to construct world’s 1st fully automatic electric ferries for Norway’s ASKO Maritime
13. 117th birth Anniversary of Former CM of Tamil Nadu K Kamaraj, observed as Educational Development Day – July 15
14. Telangana Police launch ‘CybHER’, Virtual Awareness Campaign to Tackle Cyber Crime against Women & Children
LAST MONTHS G.K.