|1.Need For MBA
2.Specialization in MBA
As the environment of organization-including economic, political, competitive, regulatory, and cultural factors becomes more complex, there is an increased demand for managers with the necessary skills, understanding, courage, and energy to tackle the difficult demands facing organizations of all kinds. To be a successful manager, an individual need skills in decision-making, financial analysis, and interpersonal relationships. He also needs the ability to apply those skills in a context of constraints, opportunities, and alternatives. Professional management programs are based on the premise that people can learn to manage all types of business situations more effectively. MBA programs not only help their students to develop skills that are highly valued by many employers, but the programs also present a theoretical context for solving many business problems.
|The purpose of an MBA education is to provide training in the theory and practice of business management. An MBA is an effective tool to, o To change your career
|• To start your own business
• To gain the competitive edge in a competitive world
• To develop technical expertise and business savvy quickly
• To advance your career
• To gain valuable networking resources
• To enhance your financial position
• To enjoy greater job security
• To enjoy greater job satisfaction and self satisfaction
• To become a leader in an emerging field
• To develop your personality as a whole.
An MBA with different specialization streams prepares an individual to meet the greater demands of tomorrow's advanced industrialization. Some examples are given below.
Whether you are seeking CEO jobs, CFO jobs, CIO jobs or other C-level jobs, an MBA is supreme to a career managing companies.
Senior Management job - Senior Management jobs are awarded to candidates and employees with applicable baccalaureate degrees and a master's degree in business such as an MBA.
|• Consumer banking jobs deliver financial services to individual customers.
• Commercial banking jobs deliver financial services to businesses.
• Human resources jobs manage employee placement, salaries, and training.
• Bank administration / accounting job - Bank administration / accounting jobs handle the banks internal operations.
Corporate Finance jobs help company find money, grow the business, make acquisitions, plan for it's financial future and manage any cash on hand
Money Management job - Money Management jobs manage stocks and bonds for institutional clients and are on the buy side of Wall Street
Insurance jobs help individuals and business manage risk to protect themselves from catastrophic losses and to anticipate potential risk problems
Real Estate jobs cover field such as title insurance, construction, mortgage banking, property management, real estate appraisals, brokerage and leasing, and real estate development
Public and Managerial Accounting jobs focus on preparing financial statements and recording business transactions including computing costs and efficiency gains from new technologies, participating in strategies for mergers and acquisitions, quality management, developing and using information systems to track financial performance, tax strategy, and health care benefits management.
Product Management jobs have responsibilities including marketing and development of products of all types. Advertising jobs cover every media outlet including newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, and the Internet. Retailing jobs includes store management, buying, and merchandising.
• Passionate Employees who try to out perform themselves and who always complete their job on time. For they are ready to pay and take of employees.
• No problem and NO-EXCUSE employees
• Dedicated and committed employees
• Employees with Never-Say-Die-Attitude
• Employees who are creative in problem solving
• Result oriented employees
• Perform or Perish culture
• Adjusting to Multi-culture environment and Ready to go at Multiple-places around the world for company affairs.
• Respect for every one and loyalty to organization
Thus, you must try to groom yourselves according as this could be your last time to know yourself and do the needful.
First and foremost important thing is there is no compartment in management and there are no demarcation lines in the management education. Hence, still if needed you must take guidance from experts. Why? The reasons are here:
• At the top of the hierarchy you must know all the functions of management
• There are cases when many have worked across the functions due to sheer need of the organization in the highly competitive market
• For a Leader or a Manager, unless he knows the business he cannot be successful. Hence, few experts claim that, these specializations are just for the sake of getting a formidable degree/ diploma.
• Motive and Aim and Purpose of choosing this kind of career
• Emotional Intelligence
• Intelligent Quotient
• Vision of life
• Mission of work
Let us know some fundamentals on how the specializations were selected till date. New comers can make a difference if they wish.
|If you are B.Com. M. Com. Or have some business background or have knack to solve some mathematical problems at faster speeds.
• Those who like to seat at one place and work
• Those who have passion for Accounting and Finances, and who have passion of stock market, etc.
• Those who like to convince people, build contacts, like to see business grow, like to see always well dressed and those who like glam-sham.
• Who like to deal with people
|• Those who like multiple cultures in the world
• Like dealing with foreigners who but also are human beings
• Like to travel and go to places with time bound work, and work with deadline
• Who don't have complaints about any food, or any place to live in comfort
• Those who can learn new things faster including new languages and business etiquettes
• Those who know international trade practices and understand various organizations in-depth
• Those who can compete the international market at par with any international player and executives
|• Those who love technology and are conversant with the way they work
• Those who like to deal with technology
• Those who like to work in Artificial world than the Real world
• Those who can tolerate more technology than humans and like to work in isolation for some time
• Those who can solve technological problems
• Those who have some technical background like BCA, BE, or having some family business in the field of technology
• Those who have been exposed to technology during Video Games, Cell phones, and know how to quick-fix the technical problems.
You need to know what you are going to study and where you are going to implement and what career option you are going for. What is the aim of doing that specialization? It must not be short term to get an immediate job. It must have long term vision as well. Remember organizations expect all its employees to be intrapreneurs, hence at the end of the day, Entrepreneurship skills have become a must for all the MBA graduates. Remember, not failure but short aim is crime, hence, gather as many skills as you can and become as much dexterous as much as you can.
|• No one is born perfect, those who have strengths can capitalize on their strengths
• They must know how to deal with their own Weaknesses
• If you have done SWOT analyses then from above background you can choose your specialization well.
• This is the era of Shoot-at-sight-competition and not cut-throat-competition, hence you must know, to whom you'll compete and hence must decide your strategy for life and work.
• At the end of the day, you are the best judge of yourself. Hence, regular SWOT analysis is order of the day. Say daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, half yearly, and yearly. We have seen people taking high rise in their life who do their critical analysis for positivism in their life.
Experts, around the world, feel that people had to jump jobs in the recession across the border and across the functions and across the horizontals and the verticals of the business. Hence, multi-dexterous and multi-skilled employees and employers have become order of the day. Thus, few experts claim that it is not only applicable to Management students but it is applicable to others, as well.
Finally, you are the best judge of yourself. Hence, invest your life, skills, and work at proper place/s to get what you want from the most precious life.
|Specialization in MBA
The Indian economy has witnessed a major change in the past few years. In the present scenario of economic globalization and emphasis on technological development the need for management studies and good managers is bound to increase.
Just wanting the degree is not enough. The strongest candidates competing to gain admission into graduate business schools are very focused on their intended career paths. They are reasonably clear about what is needed to get there and what it takes to be successful. Are you one of those people? Can you compete favorably in the applicant pool?
The MBA is designed for people who want to learn about business across many different disciplines. But schools want you to have already identified an area of interest that you plan to pursue after you obtain this broad base of knowledge. Most MBA programs do not provide the time to find those interests during the course of study, so you need to have a good sense of what you are planning to do with the degree.