Notification Released on 29 July 2020
CAT 2020 will be held on November 29 and Registrations will start on August 5. CAT 2020 Notification was released on July 29 along with the launch of official CAT 2020 website. CAT Exam Testing Mode will remain same. However, IIM Indore has cautioned that all dates are subject to COVID 19 situation.
Important Dates New Release
- CAT 2020 Registration Starts on August 5, 2020
- CAT 2020 Registration date Extended to 23 September
- CAT 2020 Admit Card Download Begins on October 28, 2020
- CAT 2020 Test Day is November 29, 2020
IIM Indore has clarified that CAT 2020 dates are subject to COVID Situation and Government Announcements. “The Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020 is to be conducted taking into account the COVID-19 crisis. The information provided on the CAT 2020 website is contingent upon the decisions and directions issued from time to time by the Central, & State governments, and CAT Group. Candidates are advised to regularly check CAT websites for further information” says IIM Indore.
About CAT 2020:
- CAT 2020 will be conducted on November 29, 2020 (Sunday) in two sessions.
- Registration for CAT 2020 will open on August 5, 2020 and will close on September 23, 2020.
- CAT 2020 will be conducted in test centres spread across approximately 156 cities.
- Candidates will be given the option to select six test cities in order of preference. Cities and centres will be assigned to the candidates only after the last date for CAT 2020 registration.
- The concerned authorities will try their best to assign candidates to their first preferred city. In case this is not possible, they will be assigned a city following their given order of preference. In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted an alternate city. However, candidates will not be able to select the session because it will be assigned randomly.
- Candidates must pay the registration fee through online payment modes only, which will include credit cards, debit cards and net banking.
- After submission of the application, candidates will be permitted to download their examination admit card from October 28, 2020 onwards, till the date of the test.
- CAT is a computer-based exam of two hours duration , divided into three sections.
- Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Section III: Quantitative Ability
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 40 minutes for answering questions in each section and they will not be allowed to switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple-choice type. Instead, direct answers will have to be typed on the screen. The tutorials will clearly explain this. Also, we will allow use of a basic on- screen calculator for computation.